Monday, March 15, 2010

Candle Holders and Table Settings

My life is so disorganized right now. I'm embarrassed for anyone to come to my home either announced or unexpected. It looks like Sanford and Son. Honestly. I'm not lying or exaggerating. I'm not going to post pictures of it here because lots of folks will think, what a slob. Think Clean House. It's not quite that bad, but it's close. I'm baring my soul. Right now my house makes me depressed every time I walk into it. At one time, it was tolerably clean and tidy, but there have been illnesses and other obligations and, sadly, the house has fallen on the back burner. But, no more. I've been trying to work up the nerve and energy to get it back in shape. I started this blog to sort of document my journey to organization and cleanness once more.

My fantasy is of a house that makes me go "Ahhhhh" when I walk into it after a long day at work. I've just been putting it off. But, I found a wonderful blog and, believe it or not, what set me on fire to get my house in shape was candle holders and table settings. Clear, crystal looking glass candle holders with clear dangling bobeche. Like these pictures.




This blog has so many great ideas and it's been my inspiration. It's called My Romantic Home. I've put a link to it on my sidebar. I emailed Cindy and asked her about her candle holders. She told me something that I didn't know. And there is lots I don't know, believe me. She said that she had some regular glass candle holders and that she had bought some bobeche for them. I had never heard of bobeche. She gave me a link and I ordered a pair from this company. Here are the ones I ordered:


So, that's my first step toward my shabby chic home.

No comments:

Post a Comment